Andrew and I got a puppy and it’s been such a FULL past few weeks. I think we both were expecting our lives to change but I don’t think either of us were quite expecting EVERYTHING to change. We are so in love with our new little addition and keep wondering what we did with all of our free time without him? Its been so fun to watch Andrew take care of little Nash and find our way together in our new schedule. At the end of the day, when he is all curled up in his crate asleep for the night, we just kind of look at each other and are like “oh hi, remember me?” It’s not just us anymore and that’s ok.
I could watch Nash all day and learn so much! Seriously guys, I’m totally convinced dogs are mini gurus sent here to teach us humans a thing or two about living. I’ve been taking good notes the past few days. Here are a few things I think Nash would tell us if he could:
- Play every day – that’s why we’re here right?
- Live in the moment – “ball ball ball! Mmm this pillow tastes good. shoes! I’m sleepy.. zzzz”
- Connect – strangers are friends too
- Eat painfully slow and just until you’re full
- Be shameless – It’s ok to chase your own shadow or tail or even eat leaves. Because why not..
- Show affection – Cuddle, kiss and cuddle some more.. hold nothing back
- Be fearless – Dive right in! (especially if you’re only 9 weeks old and have no idea how to swim!)
- LOVE – the kind that is never ending and for no good reason at all
“Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace.” – Milan Kundera