Ingredients- makes 5 cups
3 lbs golden beets, roasted, peeled and cubed into small cubes
1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon shallots, finely minced
1/4 cup capers, minced
2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce (I used Annie’s brand)
1/2 cup pickle, chopped into very small cubes
3 tablespoons veganaise (I used Follow Your Heart-Grapeseed Oil)
1/2 cup packed finely chopped curly kale
1+1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Micro greens to garnish (or use some extra kale)
1. Rinse beets, pat to dry and wrap individually in foil.
2. Roast beets at 350 for 1-2 hours (depending on how big they are) until fork tender. Take out and let them cool completely.
3. With cool beets chop the end off and rub off the skin using your hands (it should just slid right off).
4. Chop the beets into small cubes.
5. Place beets into a large bowl, add all ingredients and toss to combine. Be sure to fold it together with a spatula as not to mush the beets.
6. Garnish with micro greens, chives or small flowers and serve with crackers or toasted baguette.