Christmas came early here in OC! We’ve been graced with some really fun surf this past weekend and it’s left me feeling so grateful to be here in NJ this year. After peeling off my wetsuit with frozen fingers I whipped up this seriously sinful stack of pancakes. They are so simple and so so good. Enjoy!
Blueberry chia compote
1 cup blueberries
1/2 tbs chia seeds
big dollop raw honey
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
few dashes cinnamon
big pinch salt
1 extra ripe banana
1 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond)
splash of maple syrup
- Combine all compote ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil (add a splash of water to coat the pan).
- Let the blueberry mixture simmer until thick (about 6-8 mins).
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana then add in the milk and splash of maple syrup and mix together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry. Fold it together until just mixed.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add vegan butter or coconut oil to the pan.
- Add approx. 1/2 cup portions of the batter to the pan.
- Let cook until edges turn golden brown and the middle starts to bubble. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with vegan butter, maple syrup and blueberry compote on top.